• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pantone 285C vinyl

akuarela

Hi there,
I bought a whole bunch of Avery HP750-626 , also called French Blue, which is SUPPOSSED to match Pantone 285C.
It may not pass muster, as it is lighter than the Pantone. We'll see with the client, as us signmakers are sometimes pickier.
Any of you used this as 285C?
Any other suggestions in case I have to change it out? It's for inside use and flat, so no need (and no budget) for cast.
Thanks for looking.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
At my workplace we never guarantee exact matches of Pantone spot colors. Reasonably close, but not exact is about as good as it gets with any stock vinyl colors and intermix paint formulas. Digital printing is even more limited. You might be able to hit the same hue, but not the same color intensity level.

Drip Dry

At my workplace we never guarantee exact matches of Pantone spot colors. Reasonably close, but not exact is about as good as it gets with any stock vinyl colors and intermix paint formulas. Digital printing is even more limited. You might be able to hit the same hue, but not the same color intensity level.
From what I remember, 285 matched Avery A-7 Medium Blue
Now honestly, I can't remember if it was 285 or 284 but you can look at the Avery chart

akuarela

Thanks, I may try that next time. I did not offer a match but my printed layouts look much darker.

akuarela

From what I remember, 285 matched Avery A-7 Medium Blue
Now honestly, I can't remember if it was 285 or 284 but you can look at the Avery chart
At least the new HP-750 or HP-950 Medium Blue is darker, does not have a Pantone equivalent. I used to use Olympic Blue, but that doesn't match well either although it is darker.