• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pantone not printing properly

peavey123

Hi All,

I'm running a Mimaki JV33-130. Everything has been running smoothly until today. I have to print some decals that are Pantone 540C. There seems to be a lot of banding as well as streaks of purple. I'm printing on Avery MPI1005 vinyl. Played witht he heat settings and profile with no luck. Any ideas??
Thank you.

gabagoo

have you printed this colour before? Is your machine maintained? nozzle washes every week? i have the same printer and find blues always print streaky but I suspect that theres something wrong with my cyan head...possibly a minor head crash, but good enough. Why dont you try putting the heads to thin and then run the job at 720 720 8 pass unidirectional. Will take longer but when I need something to look right, thats what I do.

Keep us posted

peavey123

Hey Gabgoo,

I tried that actually and it is still streaky. I'm thinking it is the material actually. I've never used this Avery MPI1005. I tried it on 3M material and it is printing 100 times better. I'm calling my supplier now to see what is up with this Avery vinyl.