• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pantone Print Matching

SAR.Summerlin

Ok so we are using Flexi Print for our production manager to print to a Designjet L25500 but HP does not support pantone matching with flexi does anyone have a solution for this. I am spending hours of time and too much material trying to color match.

I have attached a sample of my latest problem. There are 3 pantones involved the red is close on the RBG the blue on the Process and the brown not at all.

I am trying to find out if anyone has encountered this and if they have found a general rule of thumb that fixes this. Or a easy work around that doesn't require repetitive printing to try to match colors.

:thankyou:

Attachments

• Color-Match.jpg
    Color-Match.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 121

J Hill Designs

print out a pantone chart created in flexi and output using your same settings. then, break out the pantone book and match what you need to print to what you printed (ex: need pantone 257 - match it to a pantone number on your printed chart using your ACTUAL pantone chart - change numbers to the one that best matches)

SAR.Summerlin

@jhill I have a pantone chart printed but for some reason it is hard to match some of these colors part of the problem is the brown in a 55% opacity of a pantone. But i will try. Still looking for other ideas

Aklaim

Spot colors and transparency RARELY work well together. I would imagine that most of the problems you're having matching colors are because of that.

Matt-Tastic

@jhill I have a pantone chart printed but for some reason it is hard to match some of these colors part of the problem is the brown in a 55% opacity of a pantone. But i will try. Still looking for other ideas

as soon as you gradient a spot color, it is no longer a spot color (in digital printing terms). i'd grab your color, make a square of it, then run some variations on it to find the best match.

Sadly, this need (the Color Atlas Generator) is the only benefit to Wasatch over other RIPs. Also, check some of your vinyl libraries (gerber 220 duranodic for example) to find the color you're trying to hit. change the color in the final print file to what will print correctly, and save that for future use.

as soon as you gradient a spot color, it is no longer a spot color (in digital printing terms). i'd grab your color, make a square of it, then run some variations on it to find the best match.

Sadly, this need (the Color Atlas Generator) is the only benefit to Wasatch over other RIPs.

FlexiSIGN-PRO has something similar, although the name escapes me at the moment (Custom Color Mapping maybe?). It is located in the Production Manager, under the Setup pull-down menu as I recall...

FrankW

Flexi Pantone Spot Color Mapping is Lab-based, so you need an accurate output profile to match Pantone Colors.

But even if you have an accurate output profile you will still find a lot of Pantone Colors which won't match because Outdoor-Printers which prints on some kind of vinyl or banner will not be the best solution for Pantone-Proofing.

An easy possibility to find matching colors is the CMYK Swatch what can be generated in Flexi.