• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paper backing recycle

Vinyldog

Has anyone found a way to recycle the backing paper? The recyclers tell me that cannot accept it because of the coating.

P.S. I've been saving my 54in cores to build a log cabin with. I swear I'm going to do it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Has anyone found a way to recycle the backing paper?

Toss it in the trash. It goes into a landfill, which eventually becomes trees, which eventually get made into more backing paper. Thus recycled.

It really doesn't matter what you do with it [or anything else], whatever you do will have absolutely no effect on anything.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We shred ours and give it to the warehouse next door to pack their boxes with before shipping out merchandise.
Works well for both of us.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We take most of it, the boxes they come in, all of our other cardboard and paper and burn it. The ultimate way of recycling. :smile:

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Been tossing it in the recycle dumpster here for a couple of years.
Haven't heard that the coating makes it bad for recycling before.

In some places, the trash goes to an incinerator.
I would think they would like it there.

Vinyldog

Been tossing it in the recycle dumpster here for a couple of years.
Haven't heard that the coating makes it bad for recycling before.

You may want to check with them. Sorting out the stuff that doesn't recycle is costly. If in doubt, its better to not try to recycle it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We give ours to local schools and preschools for use as art projects. We give the tubes to anyone on facebook who wants them or dump them in the recycle bin with the boxes. If we don't need them for material storage.

Pat Whatley

we have also found Libraries will take it during the summer months for the kid programs

Makes awesome finger paint paper. I delivered a few hundred 18" x 24" sheets to the YMCA the other day and you've had thought I was taking them gold bars.

Cardboard cores burn quite nicely in the backyard fire pit.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Makes awesome finger paint paper. I delivered a few hundred 18" x 24" sheets to the YMCA the other day and you've had thought I was taking them gold bars.

Cardboard cores burn quite nicely in the backyard fire pit.

If ya really wanna see something neat, take all of your application tape and instead of wadding it up and throwing it away, make it into small balls about the size of bowling balls and put them in a fire pit. The colors are neat and the burning is fun to watch. :rock-n-roll:

Gene@mpls

I give a few logs of it (from the laminator) to friends who use it for painting / gluing and other messy jobs. I also have it on a dispenser so I can
tear off pieces for the same reason.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
To be honest, it's just a Fellowes office grade shredder.
It turns the sheets into 4x35mm shreds.
We just fold the sheets over a couple of times and feed them through.

Vinyldog

Well I finally got a chance to get back on here. I looked at a shredder at Office Depot that can eat up paper, staples, credit cards and just about anything else that could fit into the slot. But, its a cross-cut machine, and to use for packing I would think the longer strips would be a little better, so still looking at options.