• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paper catching on lead edge

k_graham

A new HP 26500, I've noticed 2nd test out on bond paper to calibrate, item caught going over vacuum area, set that to 3" leader, jammed worse. 4" leader seems to work. Poster paper over 200 gsm - hasn't jammed up but did see a lead edge defect like it caught momentarily.

Yellow black cartridge 3'rd from left started putting out too much ink, but no warning when trying to calibrate or realign heads - finally took out cartridges and replaced this one - issue seems resolved, but this is a new printer - haven't even received the invoice yet or printed a paying job.

This may be related the sensor (OCM if I recall) is providing errors, suggesting cleaning is required, at least 2 times so far - have done it with alcohol as mentioned in manual using a scanner wipe.

Is it typical to require a leader edge on the HP? If I program a 4" lead edge it seems it would add to each job, do people simply run the material through extra on startup and then set to not cut between jobs to eliminate the waste, seems in that case it should be the HP default?

I guess turning off cutter would keep the cut sheets from falling on the floor, I thought it strange the machine has no catch basket.

Ken

MikePro

do you get any tech-time with the printer purchase? sounds like you're just diving-in and having a heck of a time with the garbage sample media they sent with the printer.