• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parade Banners

ABPGraphics

I am quoting a couple of parade banners with horizontal pole pockets. Do you guys have a stanard size for the banner and a standard for the pole pocket? I was thinking 3x8 for the banner and 3" for the pole pocket for a 1" PVC pipe - I was also going to get a pole pocket for the bottom
as well to give it extra weight....thoughts?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A PVC pipe will probably bow under that pressure and unless you have some really tall people with short arms..... most people hold a banner at around hip height and if their arms get tired, that 3' banner will probably be dragging on the ground. I'd go more like 28" to no more than 32". Also, put a pole pocket at the bottom so you can weight it with chain or something so it stays flat and doesn't curl up at the ends.

ABPGraphics

30" definitely sounds good to me.....do you guys think a 1" pipe will do the trick or should I go with 1.5" pipe so it does not droop?