• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

paraglider pilots?

ProWraps

any?

im about to switch to a ppg (black hawk). i have to think with this site being nationwide there are at least a few glider pilots (hang glider pilots are welcome).

JimJenson

Not a paraglider pilot, but I do hold a PPL, with INS and COM privilege.
Have about 1800 SEL PIC, 100 SES dual and 100 airship dual. Sold my plane 3 years ago, medical is not current and with issues.

If I fly again, I will most likely go the route of LSA.

Boomer

I am not a pilot but have been up in sailplanes several times.What a blast.I have helped assemble a few also. My stepfather is a pilot and sailplane pilot and lives next to a glider port.I try to go there on weekends to hang out and "run" some wings on take off.

zmatalucci

we've been having some shit-y luck around here w/ airplanes. There have been around 4 crashes in the past three years. The most recent was last Sat., a middle aged man and his 12 year old son tried flying to Indiana for a hunting trip during the end of the storm that we had. Both perished in the crash not 2 miles after takeoff.

Mosh

I never have had a license, but my dad had a Cessna 180, I would take the controls alot when we would take trips. Sold it 15 or so years ago, guess he got tired of it.

Last edited:

John L

We had a guy put one of those gliders down across some property we own in Pa. He was fine and, other than a few ruts from the rescue trucks, there was no property damage. I did see a pic that showed his landing gear ripped off and the plane setting on it's belly. I was out of town and never really heard what happened.

Is there some kind of site online where you can look up what the FAA (or any appropriate authority) has to say about crashes, etc?

Boomer

Hey John what part of Pa.? There is a glider port near Fairfield Pa. I have done a few retrieves for pilots from there.

Mosh

Why is it 22' only on that one post? I thought I might have wrote it wrong, you know I would NEVER make stuff up. Weird. look at my other posts. I do have a 12" brake. Break?