• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parallal to USB conversion cord on Window7 problems....

anozira02

I have a Roland Fj-52 I bought a short while ago, also bought a new Pc a few days ago with Window7. Problem is .... there is now parallel port on Pc, so I was told to use a USB converter cord which I did and didn't helped any. I can't find the proper port in the file, no USB port showing up in the port file. I tried all the ports that were available, I just keep getting the same message (no open port found) in the Production Manager. By the way I am using FlexiPro 7.6...any suggestions ??

Rustyrussell

https://www.austinsignco.com/
You are not going to

I went through the same thing. I had the techs from Reece supply trying to install a new mimaki jv33 160 and a new graphtec. Long story short i ended up taking the machine with windows 7 back and bought a pc with Vista on it.
Bottom line is the usb port will not be found. Flexi techs and Mimaki techs all agreed.
This was 5 or 6 months ago.
Rusty
Austin Sign Co

ratchet

are you having issues with your software picking up the roland, or with the PC picking up the USB to serial converter?

Have you installed the drivers for your converter?

BobM

You may find that drivers are not avaliable for Windows 7. If so, you'll ha ve to get Virtual XP and run it from there.

anozira02

I bought the converter on Ebay, didn't come with a CD....I noticed that some do! I was told by a tech that I should install a Parallel print card on my pc, which may solves the problem...will see!