Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parallal to USB conversion cord on Window7 problems....

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by anozira02, Apr 19, 2010.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I have a Roland Fj-52 I bought a short while ago, also bought a new Pc a few days ago with Window7. Problem is .... there is now parallel port on Pc, so I was told to use a USB converter cord which I did and didn't helped any. I can't find the proper port in the file, no USB port showing up in the port file. I tried all the ports that were available, I just keep getting the same message (no open port found) in the Production Manager. By the way I am using FlexiPro 7.6...any suggestions ??

Tags:
  2. Rustyrussell

Rustyrussell https://www.austinsignco.com/

Nov 27, 2009
    Austin TX
    You are not going to

I went through the same thing. I had the techs from Reece supply trying to install a new mimaki jv33 160 and a new graphtec. Long story short i ended up taking the machine with windows 7 back and bought a pc with Vista on it.
    Bottom line is the usb port will not be found. Flexi techs and Mimaki techs all agreed.
    This was 5 or 6 months ago.
    Rusty
    Austin Sign Co

3. ratchet

ratchet Member

Apr 12, 2010
    are you having issues with your software picking up the roland, or with the PC picking up the USB to serial converter?

Have you installed the drivers for your converter?

4. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    You may find that drivers are not avaliable for Windows 7. If so, you'll ha ve to get Virtual XP and run it from there.

5. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

6. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I bought the converter on Ebay, didn't come with a CD....I noticed that some do! I was told by a tech that I should install a Parallel print card on my pc, which may solves the problem...will see!

7. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Thanks for your input! I am considering your solution as well....thanks a bunch!