• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parallel Port Driver Missing

virtualgems

Have Gerber Edge 2 with GSP Omega 2.2 software
Just installed Windows XP, and now I can't print. I get an error message saying that the parallel port driver is missing. Gerber wants $45 to talk to me. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It usually in the result of a misconfigured Rainbow Sentinel Driver. You can access that in the Omega Group.

If that doesn't do it, you will get it straightened out the quickest if you go to 4EdgeTalk.com, register and then do a search on Windows XP and Parallel Ports. it was discussed in some depth there but I don't recall the conclusions at ths point.

Just curious ... are you sure you are running Omega 2.2. As far as I know the 2 series topped out at 2.1.0.19. Version 2.5 was just released today.

Marlene

Last Gerber version update is 2.02 the next is an upgrade to 2.5. Like Fred said, go over to 4edgetalk as there are a few threads that involve Windows XP and they may help. I'm getting ready to buy a new Dell and am upgrading to 2.5, I really hope I don't run into issues as I'm so not a computer wiz.