• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parking Lot Stencils

SAR.Summerlin

So I have a customer who is a painter and he is asking about custom reusable stencils for painting parking spots. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for a supplier or material we maybe able to cut on our Graphtec 8000-130

phototec

I have used regular cheap vinyl for paint stencils many times, works great, just not reusable.

You say they are waiting custom stencils, so why not just cut them from cheap vinyl, use one and then discard?

Or you can use GreenStar 7010 Synthetic Stencil Board-Cut (SSB-Cut) Non-Adhesive Reusable Material, or GreenStar GS-UCB7000 - Ultra-Cut II General Purpose Stencil Adhesive Reusable Material.

http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-7010-Synthetic-Stencil-Board-Cut-SSB-Cut-Non-Adhesive-Reusable-Material-Assorted-Sizes

http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-GS-UCB7000-Ultra-Cut-II-General-Purpose-Stencil-Adhesive-Reusable-Material-Assorted-Sizes

:thumb:

SAR.Summerlin

Thanks guys I will look into all those. My customer just got the painting contract for all the local locations but is looking for us to make a custom stencil to just lay over the attached and refresh the paint. He wants reusable because there are 8 locations with 2-6 per and it will get expensive to keep throwing them away.
We have used sign mart before never thought of them I will check with them today.

Attachments

• Parking only letters are 10.5 high.JPG
    Parking only letters are 10.5 high.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Green square 17.5 x 54.5.JPG
    Green square 17.5 x 54.5.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 96
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 103

Sign Works

Thanks guys I will look into all those. My customer just got the painting contract for all the local locations but is looking for us to make a custom stencil to just lay over the attached and refresh the paint. He wants reusable because there are 8 locations with 2-6 per and it will get expensive to keep throwing them away.
We have used sign mart before never thought of them I will check with them today.

Ya Sign-Mart would be my choice, if you have their catalog there is a page covering stencils. They will do custom ones also, just e-mail them the artwork for a quote.

round man

simple as that layout is,...hey, cut one from coroplast,...the traffic marking paint is usually latex,...coroplast should be a good substrate for a stencil,...

If you have a local CNC company around you then give them a call. I use one for stencils all the time. If you don't have a local one here is the link to mine. http://www.acncs.com/
I have always had great quality and turn around from them. They supply ABS material which has worked well for the stencils I did for a client and who has re-ordered different ones on several occasions. Good Luck!