• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parking Paint

washingtonsignguy

I have a customer that is having me do a bunch of various sign jobs, he just built a new buildnig and has to have one handicap parking spot. He would like me to paint the handicap guy on the ground. I bought a stencial and am wondering if anyone knows what paints are generally used for this. Would one shot work? Any other suggestions?

Si Allen

All the major brand paint companies offer "traffic" paint in latex. It is designd for parking lots and roads ... also lots cheaper than 1Shot.

Rooster

I'm not sure what particular paint he uses, but a friend of mine who paints parking lot and traffic lines for a living uses General Paint for all his asphalt painting.

He'd been through a few brands before settling in with general.

SignosaurusRex

Check with KELLY-MOORE PAINT in your area. They have some real good stuff. JORVIE used to be the preferred for us and we used to go through alot of it from them but I believe they were swallowed up by Kelly.

digitalwoodshop

Notable placement......

Attachments

• STOP3.jpg
    STOP3.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 72
  • STOP2.jpg
    STOP2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 88
  • STOP1.jpg
    STOP1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 101

washingtonsignguy

Thanks again guys, Yeah i bought a stencil, It is something normally i would rig up, but i am pretty busy here and for $40.00 ships ready to use, it will pay for itself with this first use.
nice pics digital, luckly i am not painting words, for this would probably happen to me.