• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

partial magenta dropout mid-run

color_zone

Okay, got a new one. When I'm printing a long run (JV3-160SP if it matters) in 8-pass bidirectional mode, everything starts out okay, but partway through the run I get a partial dropout of my magenta so that the resultant prints are greenish and have pass lines through them. When I change up and run in 16-pass bidirectional mode, the problem disappears. The obvious solution would be to run everything in the 16-pass mode, but quite frankly, I don't have that kind of time most days. Also, I'd really like to sort out what the issue is rather than using a workaround.

Here's what the prints look like when the ink starts dropping out:

http://i.imgur.com/ajZPA.jpg (apologies for the cell-phone camera)

I've tried doing the standard head cleanings, but that hasn't helped. I can't really predict at what point in the run this issue will occur, either. Sometimes it's right after the first couple of prints, other times it won't start until halfway through. Any ideas?

Freese

Okay, got a new one. When I'm printing a long run (JV3-160SP if it matters) in 8-pass bidirectional mode, everything starts out okay, but partway through the run I get a partial dropout of my magenta so that the resultant prints are greenish and have pass lines through them. When I change up and run in 16-pass bidirectional mode, the problem disappears. The obvious solution would be to run everything in the 16-pass mode, but quite frankly, I don't have that kind of time most days. Also, I'd really like to sort out what the issue is rather than using a workaround.

Here's what the prints look like when the ink starts dropping out:

http://i.imgur.com/ajZPA.jpg (apologies for the cell-phone camera)

I've tried doing the standard head cleanings, but that hasn't helped. I can't really predict at what point in the run this issue will occur, either. Sometimes it's right after the first couple of prints, other times it won't start until halfway through. Any ideas?

Could be an air leak in the line. Check your dampers....listen to the pumps...check cap seal