• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Partial wrap chevy Volt, No idea where to price it at.

klemgraphics

Well I shouldn't say no idea where I want to be at but not sure what the going rate might be.

2012 Chevy Volt partial wrap between wheelwells, comes to approximately 45sqft

The design will be simple, couple of images from istock and their supplied logo.

I'd like to be around $850 or so but I don't want to leave money on the table or lose it over a few bucks.

Circleville Signs

1. You are a premium subscriber - why are you posting this in the open forums?

2. If you think you can get $20/sf for a tiny partial, then hey - best of luck to you!

klemgraphics

Oops, I didn't even realize that I didn't have it in the premium section, that is where I meant to post it. That price is what I said i would like to get, PM me what you would charge psf if you like, including design.

My thought was that I'm going to have the same amount of BS with the customer as I would with a box truck or something so even though it is a small amount of material it should go for a premium right? Maybe I am way off though.

Locals Find!

I would sell it for $850 just really focus on the value of the signage they are getting for that amount. Don't let them just focus on the price. Really sell em on how many people are going to see this, how other advertising mediums compare for the same exposure and how much that will cost. Then they won't want to argue about price at all because you have just shown them how its worth 10 times what your asking.

HulkSmash

I would sell it for $850 just really focus on the value of the signage they are getting for that amount. Don't let them just focus on the price. Really sell em on how many people are going to see this, how other advertising mediums compare for the same exposure and how much that will cost. Then they won't want to argue about price at all because you have just shown them how its worth 10 times what your asking.

.....................................just stop

stephenj148

Well I shouldn't say no idea where I want to be at but not sure what the going rate might be.

2012 Chevy Volt partial wrap between wheelwells, comes to approximately 45sqft

The design will be simple, couple of images from istock and their supplied logo.

I'd like to be around $850 or so but I don't want to leave money on the table or lose it over a few bucks.

well its an economical vehicle.. charge double!!! hahaha

Locals Find!

.....................................just stop

Just because your not a Sales Guy don't make it out that I am wrong.

You design I sell. I know how to sell. Manufacturing guys always devalue their product because they don't know how to sell. Selling isn't about price alone. Its about finding out what the clients needs and desires are and convincing them that your product can do that job and its worth every penny they paid for it and more.

A good sales person can take a $0.50 product made in china and make a million + people gladly pay $19.95 + s/h for it. Watch any infomercial on T.V. late night if you don't believe me.

lexsigns

think it also depends on your area for going rate/ price. I have to charge alot more than someone in Iowa..(in Boston) My overhead costs are higher etc... The sales guy is right it is the value not the material

tsgstl

Sounds about right

I'm guessing you aren't doing wraps left and right or the question wouldn't be posted. Unless you have partial rolls (enough to do the entire job) then you are going to have to put out that much to even do the job (no profit until you sell another) And if you get a half roll you might not have enough for the next job.
Even a partial wrap is going to take up at least one guy a full day with fiddle farting around with the design and the customer, printing and then the install. If you have any issues at all you aren't making money.