• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Partial Wrap for HVAC company-

Dan Antonelli

Here's a simple design for a HVAC company outside of San Diego. This is a Photoshop comp; the install will be done in a few weeks. We also did their branding.

I really enjoy comping these things up. And again, much respect for the guys who install them.

Attachments

• timo's.jpg
    timo's.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 109

Jillbeans

Ahhhh. That's my eyeballs breathing a sign of relief.
Very nice to look at.
Clean, lots of impact.
What good advertising should look like, and also an excellent mock-up.
Love....Jill

cptcorn

adad
Nice... Everyone take note... No diamond tread, barbed wire, honeycomb, and lightning bolts in sight. This is effective branding...

Ponto

WELL DONE...always a pleasure to view the work of professsionals! On a side note, I would highly recommend a visit to Dan's website... another example of superb execution.

JP

javila

What's the planned setup for the partial? Print cut, or wrapping with white background up to front doors..or?

Dan Antonelli

Thanks for feedback guys!

I would say print and cut the guy with gradient, and everything else print/cut vinyl. Can't really see wrapping this I don't think. But I suppose it depends on how fast you work on one method versus another perhaps.

If it rolled into your shop, what would you guys suggest?

signgal

I'm sending this to my stepdad who refuses to update his HVAC company's look... ironic isn't it? A retro look would be updated LOL I posted my dilemma on here a while back and Rick nailed it right away when he said it was from the 80's.

Brilliant, as usual, Dan! Jill put it perfectly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If we were doing that, we'd probably make a complete piece of each side because of those blue rule fades. Other than that, if you can't use a real paint band... your idea of piecing it sounds about right. We would also probably hand cut the area over the front fender at the phone number to make it 100% accurate.

Nice layout. I really like the old fashioned look you guys create.

Dan Antonelli

That's why you guys are the pro's when it comes to installs. Last van I was involved in was about 5 years ago, when I discovered I was much better suited to design than install, cause I sucked so bad at it!

Here's the stationery set we did for this client so you can see how we tied it all together.

Attachments

• stationery.jpg
    stationery.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 74

javila

Probably full wrap as well.

Printing and cutting the guy would lead to two panels, so might as well avoid the lining up headaches with the rest of the vinyl

rjpjr

:thumb: ...like the happy little character!

If the customer would accept it, we would prefer the full wrap method to avoid the plotter cutting and weeding processes resulting in quicker production times and higher profit margins. A reduction in decal preparation error and quicker installation times are also a benefit of wrapping. If the customer rejects the full wrap approach, then I would set up what is shown in three separate print/cut panels.

What does the other side of the vehicle look like? Is the character flipped horizontally or is the character and company name flipped or...?

The stationary is Great. Whatever your fee was, Timo's received a bargain. :thumb:

Attachments

• timo panels.jpg
    timo panels.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 73

Letterbox Mike

That would realistically be an easier installation going the full wrap route. You'd save a little vinyl by nesting individual parts and doing it all as print/cut but not a ton, and the installation would be every bit as time consuming as just wrapping it... I'd do two horizontal panels and hide the seam in the red pinstripe.

Dan Antonelli

:thumb: ...like the happy little character!

If the customer would accept it, we would prefer the full wrap method to avoid the plotter cutting and weeding processes resulting in quicker production times and higher profit margins. A reduction in decal preparation error and quicker installation times are also a benefit of wrapping. If the customer rejects the full wrap approach, then I would set up what is shown in three separate print/cut panels.

What does the other side of the vehicle look like? Is the character flipped horizontally or is the character and company name flipped or...?

The stationary is Great. Whatever your fee was, Timo's received a bargain. :thumb:

The other side has character flipped, and pointing to the rear as well. I'm usually OK with flipping my icons/characters.

acothran

Dan - I always enjoy your simple/retro/cartoon type designs. Great use of blues. This one kind of reminds me of the Maglio Electric vehicle on your website. This design looks like classic Dan Antonelli without looking at all cookie-cutter. Great work.

Allen