• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Partial Wrap with detailed contour cutting

crickit7

So I have a client that wants to wrap the lower half of his 2011 camaro with solid color wrapping film. The top of the graphic has to have contour cut flames. If I use an application tape I will sacrifice the conformability I need to go around the curves. But if I don't use it I will have the cut pieces "floppin" all over the place when I install. Any suggestions???

Circleville Signs

Is this solid color? If so, I would use knifeless tape, tape out the pattern of the flames, wrap over the whole thing, then pull the tape to cut the flames out.

2B

sounds like knifeless will be your friend.

make sure to post heat good, since the knifeless pulls the edge up as it cuts the film

jfiscus

Rap Master
I did one like that on an HHR. We used application tape and put down the larger/flat areas first, then removed the tape from the tricky contoured areas and installed them with only a few small pieces flopping around... I don't have a photo of it, but I do have the proof artwork.

Attachments

• Shelleys-HHR.jpg
    Shelleys-HHR.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 95

crickit7

I did one like that on an HHR. We used application tape and put down the larger/flat areas first, then removed the tape from the tricky contoured areas and installed them with only a few small pieces flopping around... I don't have a photo of it, but I do have the proof artwork.

I tried that once. It worked, but It was nerve racking!