• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Partition in XP

PMG

I was told i can partition my hard drives within XP,and not a Partition program,where do i go about doing this within XP? I want to split one of my drives up for just for the scratch disk for Adobe Illustrator,and Photoshop!! Thanks

PMG

I looked in there the only thing that is active when i Rclick on the drive is-Open-Explore-Change Drive letter or Path-Properties and Help,the help file tells ya how to do it,but what it says is not what i see,and yes im logged in as Admim..........

Ken

Or, you could always Format:C...kidding..don't do that.
Partition Magic is good.
Ken

Shovelhead

if space wasn't allocated.......

when your drive was formatted..........I don't believe you can partition
after the fact without formatting the drive.

Last edited:

mark in tx

Adding a second drive just for the swap disk can be a good idea. I heartily recommend partition magic, or if you feel adventurous, a Knoppix live disk can do the job if you want to experiment with Linux.

Make sure that the partition or the second drive that you assign as your swap is not shared, or networked. That will increase the performance as a swap.
Lastly, add as much RAM as you can.
I went from 2 gigs of ram to 4 gigs, and I noticed an immediate speed up.

PMG

I do have 2....1 internal and 1 external,and was thinking i need to split the internal 250 up for the scratch disk,the reason i say this is so the data being transfered wont be lost or even slower if i split the external drive,i have it running on the external now ,and it still seems to hang up now and then and act stupid...or is this the norm for adobe products!!!