Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts for Gerber Fastrack 550 plotter...

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by rba828, Feb 16, 2005.

1. rba828

rba828 New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Need help....The clips on the tool head that hold the knife in place have both been broken. It sounds like I am not the only one this has happened to...I did a search on ebay and didn't find anything, although I am not very familiar with that site anyways so maybe one of you could help me find parts. right now I am getting by with a zip-tie holding the knife in place, and it is doing alright for now, but I suspect not for long. Anyone have a solution for me or know anyone that is selling parts to this machine...We are willing to pay the price. Gerber no longer sells parts for the Gerber Fastrack 550.

Tags:
  2. beckys

beckys Member

Oct 6, 2004
    im more of a lurker here, but wanted to let you know I have part for a 550...
    Im not sure how you pm/im thru here, so leave me your e-mail address, and we'll chat.

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    If you click on the poster's name, you will get a menu. Click on View Public Profile. That profile will provide you with links to PM or send an email to the poster.

:cool1:

4. beckys

beckys Member

Oct 6, 2004
    nope, I tried that, they are not excepting e-mails....guess she/he doesn't need it that bad uh!

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Well it's good that you replied and probably rba828 will return to the thread and see it.

6. rba828

rba828 New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Thanks!

Sorry Vinyl Queen! I just sent you a message including my email address. Thanks for your help!

7. thomas barth

thomas barth Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Middlebury
    How'd they do that?

Just a quick question and or comment. Not to sound sarcastic, but I have a 650 and was wondering how you break the clip that secures the blade-holder? I don't want to make that mistake too.

8. rba828

rba828 New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    I was on vacation and my replacement was walking past the machine and apparently her jacket caught on the little claw ripping it off. They are pretty brittle plastic I think.