• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Parts is parts

AUTO-FX

Actually, it's not true. I put a third party ink pump in my Falcon jr a few months ago and it has already taken a dump.
I just received a new one from CMYK and boy what a difference. This one is clearly first quality.Cost almost twice as much but certainly worth it.
I'm thinking the crappy pump I had in there is the reason I cant get my deflecting nozzles to clear up. What really led me to realize the pump was junk was that the outgoing tubing got sucked into the gearing after a system flush and fill. Learned my lesson. :thumb:

tbaker

There is a time and place for everything. Aftermarket parts are a great way of saving some money.... Provided you can find good quality parts. Most times it's just not worth the hassle.

That being said, buying heads is another matter, a DX4 printhead is a DX4 printhead. You get one from mimaki for almost 1300, or you buy an aftermarket for 950, the only difference? the aluminum bracket on the bottom.

....... That must be one costly bracket.

AUTO-FX

I also ordered a maintenance station from SW and it looks to all geniune. Nice price too. So now I have a extra pump, and I'll clean out my recently replaced capping station to keep for a stand by also. Interesting point on the DX4 head. My JR is a DX2 though, right?

kgrafix

AUTO-FX, I need a maintenance station for my Falcon outdoor what exactly is 'SW' where you said you got yours at a nice price ? Thanks as the only one I find is at CMYK parts and its not a nice price.

jwright350

If you are still buying from SW, you are a newb. LOL.

There are way cheaper ways of getting parts. Remember, your Mutoh uses the same parts as epson, roland, mimaki, agfa.. just to name a few. They are all made overseas. There are various grades though of any part.... you are correct on that to a degree. But these parts are so cheap (IMO) that it hardly matters. You should always have an extra head, pump, hoses, wiper and maybe a capping station on hand.

Newbie_on

If you are still buying from SW, you are a newb. LOL.

There are way cheaper ways of getting parts. Remember, your Mutoh uses the same parts as epson, roland, mimaki, agfa.. just to name a few. They are all made overseas. There are various grades though of any part.... you are correct on that to a degree. But these parts are so cheap (IMO) that it hardly matters. You should always have an extra head, pump, hoses, wiper and maybe a capping station on hand.

Would you be kind enought to tell us where you get your Mutoh parts from ?

jwright350

Oh sorry, should have mentioned...no big secret. Just from EBAY! Or GEI Calgraph for odd parts (like the metal band that drives the print head...broke one of those not too long ago)

Didn't mean to be a smarty pants... just found this forum the other day and realized there are lots of folks with mutohs who are having the same problems I had when I first started using them 5 years ago.

Dsmantledyou

I've ordered aftermarket pumps from an ebay supplier. I would suggest getting parts from a reputable company. A good rule of thumb is to do a search and see what others have experienced. The pumps I ordered had different hoses and they were missing holding brackets for them. Had to do a little part swapping from the OEM pumps.