Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parts warranty

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Drip Dry, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    Does anyone know if there is a warranty for head replacement parts for
    a versacamm.

I had the heads replaced by an authorized dealer about 8 months ago and
    now the black head is causing trouble again.
    I haven't called the dealer yet, but I'm just wondering what to expect when
    I do.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    You might be stuck. I don't think replacement parts are covered under warranty; or if they are, it's really short (90 days or so in case of a defect, which shows up quickly as a rule).

I think. But maybe you'll do better, fingers crossed.

3. bossdg

bossdg New Member

Nov 21, 2009
    The Versacamm comes with a 2 year warranty including heads. If the unit is still under warranty they will cover the heads. You may want to buy an extended warranty before requesting service which would then also cover the heads. The extended warranty can be purchased from your dealer or direct from Roland. Good luck.

4. H2OK

H2OK New Member

May 28, 2009
    SP series printers get a 1 year warranty, VP series has a two year warranty, all parts and labor are included, so your not "stuck" just simply call your dealer and have them come out to find out what the problem is...whether its dampers, pumps, or heads its covered. Always keep warranty on your printer and keep OEM inks in them and you will be WAY ahead of the game.

5. bossdg

bossdg New Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Actually we run ink from InkTec in our Roland's with great success. Better color, density and durability. No problems.

6. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    The printer is 4 years old. The heads were replaced 8 mos ago. No service contract. So, I get the feeling the head is going to cost me again

7. Superior Digital

Superior Digital New Member

Nov 21, 2009
    If you are sure the problem is the print head and not a driver board, cap-top or damper contact www.printhead911.com. I have been told they do a good job rebuilding print heads.