• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pass me a beer

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Total OT reply here, but I wanted to tell you about my oldest son's beer fetching dog. He's a 120 pound shepherd/rottweiler mix and a very beautiful animal. He seems to understand a vocabulary a three year old human would as far as following directions. To teach him a new trick takes my son a few hours at most. You say "Maverick, get me a beer" and he goes to the fridge, pulls the towel tied to the handle, and get a beer bottle in his mouth from out of the bottom of the fridge, then pushes the door shut and brings it to you. You have to keep a towel close by to wipe off the slobber before opening it, but it's really cool to see. I asked my son why if he knows how to open the fridge he never helps himself to food from it. My son said he tried it one time and after being corrected it never happened again. I could use a service dog of that caliber.

Last edited: