• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Past 2 installs in 24 hrs

bwrapped

NOT PICTURED : 36 pieces of 3m 3550 14.5 ft tall 48" wide inside of the bridge.

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 5.23.00 PM.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Hope whoever produced the graphic for the stair risers got authorization..... it's been mentioned on here before by other shops too. That is actually a patented idea and the patent holder is pretty well know for going after other companies who make a graphic like that. Google stairway riser graphics patent and you will find the company.

Stupid that something like that can be patented. We have done some in the past not knowing about it, they sent us a cease and desist along with demand that it be taken down or pay up a licensing fee.

Both do look great btw.

AUTO-FX

Wow, that's AWEsome!

Hope you dont have to take it down. That would be ridiculous if they sent you a cease and desist.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Looks cool...that would be a fun install. Nice job!

As far as the patent, that seems pretty absurd. Not saying it isn't true, but I don't know how you can patent installing vinyl on steps. Somewhere, sometime, someone was the first to install vinyl on windows. Somewhere, sometime, someone was the first to install channel letters on a building. ....wrap a car. etc. etc.

How in the world can you patent installing vinyl on steps. I don't see how that could possibly hold up in court.

I Googled 'Google stairway riser graphics patent' and didn't find anything. Sure would like to see what you're saying in writing...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...50&s1=6041533.PN.&OS=PN/6041533&RS=PN/6041533

link from an older thread... company is Upstares Media "The adStep® patent (US # 6041533) is held exclusively by UpStares Media™ as an advertising system for presenting a single visual message on a series of horizontally or vertically offset surfaces comprising adhesive backed, printed pieces of a flexible thermoplastic polymer based film. adStep® graphics are also known as stair wraps, stair graphics, stair ads and stair advertising."

and yes, I totally agree that it is absurd

Moze

Precision Sign Services
ohhh...for a 'single visual message'. Interesting. But yes, still absurd. But smart of them I guess - cornered the market on that little method.

I've seen more than one building with advertisements on the steps but they were all individual 'messages'....not a single message as indicated in the patent.

Christian @ 2CT Media

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...50&s1=6041533.PN.&OS=PN/6041533&RS=PN/6041533

link from an older thread... company is Upstares Media "The adStep® patent (US # 6041533) is held exclusively by UpStares Media™ as an advertising system for presenting a single visual message on a series of horizontally or vertically offset surfaces comprising adhesive backed, printed pieces of a flexible thermoplastic polymer based film. adStep® graphics are also known as stair wraps, stair graphics, stair ads and stair advertising."

All this Patent means is that they patented it with one type of film... Use 480Cv3 or another non PVC product and their patent is foiled.

bwrapped

This was suppose to be a job we can't touch. I watched union workers try to lay the stairs with a credit card.... They asked for my help I laughed, they make 3 times what I do why would I share my skilled trade to them! Finally they gave in to wanting us to install it. I also saw 3 guys using wax on wax off motion to lay some vinyl all waxing on and off right into each other! I wish I had a video it was great!

bwrapped

Wow, that's AWEsome!

Hope you dont have to take it down. That would be ridiculous if they sent you a cease and desist.

yes we have to take it down next week! we also did another skybridge install last night we will also be removing that next week as well.

Locals Find!

I tried searching his information with the patent office. I don't think he was ever granted the patent rights. At least not yet. I would try to find someone knowledgeable to really look into that. He may be bullying people while he simply has an application in. Which until its granted it worth about as much as a fire starter in hell.

Artworks

Artworks
Is this patent still current?

I just looked into this patent and the last time the fee for the patent was paid was in 2011. Does anyone know how long these patents are good for? It looks like they were paying every year from 2000 when the patent was established until 2011. However, No activity since that date.
Patent US6041533 - Advertising step systems - Google Patents
Their website is still boasting their patent claim, so i was just curious...