• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paying Commission or Percentage on Sales

Hanks Signs

I have had a recent employee move out of town and is doing a real good job at getting new jobs/sales what do all of you guys give for commission or percentage rate on the sales they make, its time I cut a check and I need help on whats fare.

Thanks

Letterbox Mike

We pay a small base salary (about $10k per year), 10% commission, and health insurance and paid vacation (which is sort of meaningless since it's a salary position).

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Welcome from PA!!!!!!!

oh wait that's gino's line.... i'm sure he'll be here soon!

I would hope you would have planned this out ahead and built it into the job. I guess at this point - enought to keep him happy and not enough to hurt you.

Jon Aston

What's fair should take what's good for your business into account... What gross margin are you expecting, and on what amount of sales? If you're making 10% gross margin and giving them a 10% commission on gross sales, your business isn't benefiting.