• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PayPal Payments

showcase 66

I have had a lot of people lately ask if take payment via PayPal. I do on things I sell online but never thought anyone local would want to pay that way. With a smart phone payment can be made pretty quickly and I have noticed that some of the payments made to me had no fees taken out either.

Just curious what your take is on it. I have heard that some vending machines are going to be hooked up to paypal so that you can buy your candybar with your phone. Crazy.

iSign

I hear of more people skipping merchant accounts & expensive terminals, tying up phone lines... not there yet, but I did eliminate my dedicated fax line when I went to myfax.com, & now I have the conflict with phone lines when taking cc info by phone... so I'm interested too...

Locals Find!

I use paypal to process all my credit card payments. I like it because there is no monthly fee to me for statements, equipment etc... The fee is fairly low to process.

I also like that I am not responsible for keeping the credit card info secure.

Also, didn't know if you know this fact but your clients can pay without having a paypal account.

Great boom to my business and possibly yours too.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We've been using PayPal for a number of years now and I'm far happier with them than my in-house card swiper setup. As Adtechia points out, they also accept all major credit cards. In addition, I can send anyone with an email address an invoice or simply tell them to send $xxx to my email address. Transfer of funds to my bank account takes three to four days but are free of any charges.

Fees are reasonable, funds are available instantly, I can spend them with anyone that takes PayPal, and for those who don't, I have a MasterCard debit card for each of my accounts. The reporting is also excellent and my CPA loves it. The fairness of dispute handling is much better than what I've experienced with the classic bank card processing providers.

I highly recommend PayPal.

Mosh

I have a terminal. I think it looks way more professional to just swipe a
card at our cash register than type it in on my phone or into pay-pal.
We do have to type it in on phone and web orders though.
I bought the terminal and the there is no monthly fee as long as our
1.2% charged is over $25 a month (pretty easy to do)

WildWestDesigns

I have used Paypal for a number of years now and I actually have 90% of my business done with that and the other 10% is with checks. I don't do CC unless it's tied on their end to their PayPal account. I usually have them pay me upfront to before I do anywork and I tell them that payment must clear(especially if it's with check) before I do any work.

I thought that would have been an issue, but most were OK with it as long as you were upfront about it.

I think PayPal is pretty well accepted now as par for the course. I only see a handful of websites that I frequent that don't accept PayPal and that actually deters me from them now unless they have something that I can't get elsewhere.

J

john1

I have used PP for over 5 years, Works well.

If they send the money as a gift theres no fees, anything other they take out 2.9% + .30 i think it is.

You can write off the fees on your taxes too i think.

beckys

I just looked in to Paypal last week. Im so sick of my Merchant Company charging me non-compliant this and non that
I have a paypal with e-bay(different biz) but I think if I did have another paypal acct.with signs to accept any credit card it would be 30.00 a month. Correct me it I wrong.
Can I have a customer at this point, without upgrading to biz acct pay me with a regular credit card(visa-mastercard)??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just looked in to Paypal last week. Im so sick of my Merchant Company charging me non-compliant this and non that
I have a paypal with e-bay(different biz) but I think if I did have another paypal acct.with signs to accept any credit card it would be 30.00 a month. Correct me it I wrong.
Can I have a customer at this point, without upgrading to biz acct pay me with a regular credit card(visa-mastercard)??

Opening a standard biz account requires only a valid bank account and a credit card to back the account. That gets you most of their features and costs 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction. I think the $30.00 is for the their Websites Payments Pro or their Virtual Terminal setups. That is what you need to handle payments from a card or phone-in from your desk.

Locals Find!

You can upgrade to a Business Account Free. If you get one of there Merchant Accounts those are through Wells Fargo and have a monthly fee. Other than those options you don't have to pay any monthly fees. You just pay the transaction fees someone listed above.

showcase 66

It is how I process my CC payments as well. I just never thought people would want to pay that way at a job. I just met with a guy about an hour ago who had asked before to pay via PayPal. After going over his proposal with him. He asked again if he could pay with PayPal and asked for my email. Within a minute he had already paid his half down. I think I may add excepting MC, Visa, Discover, and PayPal for all local jobs now.