• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PB in Huntsville AL

pbrid1

Has anyone figured an average cost to print per squre foot on vinyl using the Epson GS6000?
I know my vinyl cost but I am confused about the actual ink cost.
Thanks for any input.
Love this machine so for had it 6 months and it runs everyday.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your tech or company where you purchased it should be able to give you an ink cost per 100% on up coverage per square foot cost. If you bought it second hand, then the person you got it from should have a handle on it.

Good Luck.................

Vinylman

I don't have a GS6000. However, after every job is run on my Mimaki JV33, the rip program {Rasterlink Pro3} will tell me EXACTLY how much ink I used per color, & total ink used. I can then figure out what each print cost me to produce. The costs will vary according to how much coverage you have on any give print.

by keeping good records over a very short time 30-60 days you can come up with an "average" for your ink costs.

ColesCreations

My estimate on ink consumption is:

Way less than the Mimaki JV3. I'd say ink cost is way less than media cost, even accounting for the ink in the waste.

After 3 months, hardly anything in the waste bucket, still running the 350cc original cartridges, which are all near empty... When do we have to replace them? Does it stop in the middle of a print or something when they're empty?

Case

My estimate on ink consumption is:

Way less than the Mimaki JV3. I'd say ink cost is way less than media cost, even accounting for the ink in the waste.

After 3 months, hardly anything in the waste bucket, still running the 350cc original cartridges, which are all near empty... When do we have to replace them? Does it stop in the middle of a print or something when they're empty?

Yes, it will stop when an ink runs out and then replace and then it will resume......

Case

Last edited:

Molenbeek

Per Epson- the ink cost to run the GS6000 is under $0.20 a square foot- mostly due to the 3.7 pico-liter head. Cheap ink costs to produce for sure!

MikePro

only numbers I've ever heard range from $0.20 to $0.30 per sq.ft.
round it up to $.35 for good measure if you're still uncertain, and then upcharge that number to your desire for profits.