Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC-60 Ink with a PNC 5000

Discussion in 'Roland' started by stillhasdust, Jul 13, 2009.

1. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    Will the PC-60 ink work with the PNC-5000?

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I believe the PNC-5000 cartridge was a CMY or a CMYK only. It had one ribbon cartridge. The PC-60 had more. I had a PNC-600 and it could not use the 60 cartridge. I would google for PNC-5000 cartridges and buy them up if you are going to print with your 5000. CMY will be cheaper and look almost as good as CMYK. It will be very hard to see the difference. The 5000 can be used as a vinyl cutter also.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    PNC-5000 was their first machine.... like in 1994 or so. It was good in its day, but that is truly outdated technology and support is probably non-existent. If you haven't bought the machine, I would strongly advise against buying it. If you already have it and can't find cartridges, I think you might want to consider biting the bullet and looking into replacing it with something more recent as far as software and parts.... not top mention quality. By the way, the 50 and 5000 series used a bigger case then the 60 and 600's.

4. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    thanks for all the help!!

VOTE FOR GINO!!!!