• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC 600 problems

Decal Dude

I have a PC600 that works very well. Normally no problems. Today however, I can't seem to print and cut this one particular file. I can move the cutline away from the graphic and it cuts fine. It will print fine. But when I move the cut line back in, it will only print the magenta colored line used to identify the cutline around the graphic. The graphic prints fine and the cutline prints fine but it will not cut. I have checked all the boxes and everything seems to be right. Our Other files print and plot fine but this one file is giving me fits:banghead:. Any suggestions.

I encountered this problem many years ago when I had onr of thesw machines or rather damned machines..i encountered it with a customer supplied file not a file that we had created & the nly way that I was able to solve it was to change the color that I had assigned in corel draw for the cut line...oddly magneta waa the color that I had set as the cut line as well & we set it to orange for this project.

the only reasoning that I could come up with is that the machone or computer had confused itself with colors in the design as it was a full color piece, & ould not distinguish between what was to be printed za whar was to be cut.

Sign Works

What design program? What RIP program? I've never experienced this on my PC-600 but it could be as simple as position of cutline, I always put the cutline on top of all artwork (bring to front). Other than that I would imagine that it would have something to do with either not using proper color, stroke weight, or name for the contour cut path. Then again it could have something to do with the path itself. If you like you can e-mail me the file and I'll take a look to see if I can detect the culprit.

Decal Dude

Thanks guys for the reply. I had to flatten it. That finally worked:thankyou: I was useing A.I as design and ripping with the Roland Color Camm supplied rip program. I need to find a place to learn Flexisign real well. I hear it's better to use. Any suggestions let me know.:U Rock: