• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pc 600 vinyl printing

ptmaxx

Can you print on oracal 651 with this beast. I know 651 is a thermal vinyl but im getting white lines in the print image. The guy I bought the machine from is telling me its the vinyl. If 651 is no good what kind can I use?
Thanks

Dakotagrafx

Can you print on oracal 651 with this beast. I know 651 is a thermal vinyl but im getting white lines in the print image. The guy I bought the machine from is telling me its the vinyl. If 651 is no good what kind can I use?
Thanks
more than likely the print head - they are no longer available and that is a common problem from what I read they go out on a regular basis

ptmaxx

I was running flexi demo.. I tried to print from adobe but nothing happens. Even test print has a line through the C in colorcamm. Still will this print on oracal 651

Sign Works

Yes it will print on Oracal 651 or any other smooth vinyl. Clean vinyl with 91% isopropyl alcohol prior to printing. White lines/gaps in prints could possibly be "Line Pitch Adjustment" but more than likely bad print head.

maskman

I noticed that with mine when the the material or Head is dirty ( x2 on the alcohol) . I have had problems as well as with Flexi If you do not assign a color ( from the library, zeronine or roland) to the artwork .

You can take a paper towel and wipe off the head

Roland did have some heads available ,last time I checked ( I bought 2, incase) . I would recommend ( If it is the head ) to check with Roland in Texas.

mikeinscotland

Hi guys im new to 101...i have a pc 600 which it seems that the cartridge carrige is out of alignment and wont pick up the cartridge....any ideas on how to align or where i can get a hold of the service manual..cheers mike

maskman

if you do a search on google a manual should show up . As for the alignment , check the tape cartridge clips ( blue clips on lid) They seem to get loose . Mine are like this , I just have to make sure the the Carts are clipped all the way in . I know it sounds simple but when things are busy , It doesnt always happen

Sign Works

I believe flexi demo puts the lines in so that you cant get sellable results w/o buying the software...

Self Test Print is done through the printer only, no software or computer hook-up needed for this function.

OP should be able to print from Illustrator after installing XP driver available from Roland's site. I recall OP stating that his computer system came with Windows 7 and he had it downgraded to XP, I'm wondering if he is still running a 64 bit system and that might be causing him issues trying to run older software and printer. I not sure about the paticulars on this so someone with further knowledge might be able to assist further.

In reality he should have just picked up an XP system on craigslist for $25 to run this printer.

mikeinscotland

if you do a search on google a manual should show up . As for the alignment , check the tape cartridge clips ( blue clips on lid) They seem to get loose . Mine are like this , I just have to make sure the the Carts are clipped all the way in . I know it sounds simple but when things are busy , It doesnt always happen

thanks for the tips ,,

ptmaxx

Yes I did have the system downgraded from vista to XP. As far as I know I am running a 32bit system. Also I am printing from adobe and with a work about 2" high I get 3 lines about 3/4" apart.
I sent to computer tech and he installed XP with the product key

ptmaxx

Here is a sample of how it's printing. When I do line pitch adjustment it helps correct the very thin white line but the bigger line doesn't appear to change
image.jpg

graphicwarning

It has been eons ago that I owned/used one of the PC 600's... but that sure looks like a print head issue to me. I might be mistaken, but when I look at the image, I immediately though it was the print head.

Mosh

Can you still get ribbons for those? My first "printer" was a pnc5000, what a joke it was, but I thought it was the most awesome thing at the time.