• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC crash between print+cut with colorrip won't cut the print now. need help.

CustomRide

Ok so we printed out a file in colorrip to our sp300 and print and crop marks came through perfectly. After the print was complete the PC crashed. The cut lines were not sent to the cut Q.

Is there a way to resend just these cut lines without re-printing?

From what I can see its either re-print it and cut it and let the software send the cut paths automatically like normal or just send to cut only and have it cut so far off the images it ruins the print. Really sorry if I am not clear I am still pretty new to this.:banghead:

When I try to do a cut only it does not seem to want to read any crop marks so it measures the media size and then starts cutting.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

iSign

How large is the print to be cut (graphic size, not file size) Is it a very complex cut?

I don't know much about Roland printers, or Color rip, but I've done my share of workarounds over the years. Could you send the cut to a roll of paper, with a pen in place of the knife, then register it to the print by eye, tape it down, and hand cut through the penplot?

THull

Set-up the auto align and base point

Hello and welcome. We have a Roland SC545-EX. I don't know if it is exactly the same, but on ours you have to line up the first crop mark using the auto align feature. There should be a section in your owners manual on setting up a print and cut. Then when we "cut only", the printer is set-up for the correct origin.

OADesign

sorry....

Ok so we printed out a file in colorrip to our sp300 and print and crop marks came through perfectly. After the print was complete the PC crashed. The cut lines were not sent to the cut Q.

Is there a way to resend just these cut lines without re-printing?

From what I can see its either re-print it and cut it and let the software send the cut paths automatically like normal or just send to cut only and have it cut so far off the images it ruins the print. Really sorry if I am not clear I am still pretty new to this.:banghead:

When I try to do a cut only it does not seem to want to read any crop marks so it measures the media size and then starts cutting.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Sorry...

You will have to just re-do the job.
In my experience with Colorip, It does not send the cut job to the Que until the end of the print. Second it is virtually impossible to get a print from on job to line up spot on with the cut job of another. Even if it is the exact same image. Instead of wasting time trying to save the print, my advise would be to do one of two things.

A) if the cut is not very complex, just cut it by hand.

B) hurry up and run the re-print. Trash the other. Or better yet use it as a sample...

CustomRide

How large is the print to be cut (graphic size, not file size) Is it a very complex cut?

I don't know much about Roland printers, or Color rip, but I've done my share of workarounds over the years. Could you send the cut to a roll of paper, with a pen in place of the knife, then register it to the print by eye, tape it down, and hand cut through the penplot?

Actually we are doing testing with it cause we just picked up this model not too long ago. Its not a product for a customer. We are trying to dial in the printer and get used to this colorrip. If this was for a customer we would cut it out by hand. Thanks for the reply.

CustomRide

Sorry...

You will have to just re-do the job.
In my experience with Colorip, It does not send the cut job to the Que until the end of the print. Second it is virtually impossible to get a print from on job to line up spot on with the cut job of another. Even if it is the exact same image. Instead of wasting time trying to save the print, my advise would be to do one of two things.

A) if the cut is not very complex, just cut it by hand.

B) hurry up and run the re-print. Trash the other. Or better yet use it as a sample...

This is what we were thinking cause we have read the manual up and down and it seems there is no way to resend this if its lost mid process.