• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC recommendations for Roland VS640

printpros_au

Hey, We've got a new Roland VS640 arriving on Monday and I am planning to get a dedicated PC for ripping etc just for the printer. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations or particular specs they did/didn't have and wish they did on their versaworks PC? Cheers

gspicer

I'd order a machine from dell, they have treated me good in the past. I'd get a Dell Precision workstation with Intel Xeon E5, 32GB RAM and a decent discrete video card. It's a bit of overkill for your needs, but nothing worse than a machine that can't handle the tasks it's given. If you want to go cheaper get a consumer class machine with an Intel I5 or I7, 16-32GB RAM and discrete video card will be just as capable as the workstation, just less reliable. In a production environment I feel consumer machines have no place other than at a secretary's desk.

-Gregor

SignBurst PCs

We only ship to North America or I would tell you to give us a call.

If it is for a single printer in VersaWorks, I would look at a true workstation-class PC such as a Dell Precision or one of HPs high-end workstations. The hardware quality is usually better in those models. I despise off-the-shelf PCs.

I would go with 16GB of RAM and a high-quality SSD alongside a "enterprise class" standard hard drive for storage.

A discrete video card isn't needed in VersaWorks. As long as that is all you are running, it isn't necessary.