• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC60-Can I print and laminate for outdoors?

tommythesignguy

I have a couple of small jobs that call for photos approx. 12"x18" to go on a vehicle window along with cut vinyl. Can I print and laminate with the expectation of it holding up to the weather for a few years?

Sign Works

Tommy, I have laminated prints off my PC-600 on customer vehicles & trailers that are 4-5 years old and still look beautiful, these were printed on white Mactac 9800 and laminated with clear Mactac 9800 printing with Roland ribbons, I cannot say the same for aftermarket ribbons (zero9 prints faded out within 2 years). I would imagine using a UV lam film such as Oracal 290 would extend the print life even longer than a standard clear vinyl.

You can also wet lam which is quick & easy, print & cut & before weeding apply wet lam, let tack up and weed, when fully dry mask & apply. Wet lams - Frog Juice, One Shot fast dry clear acrylic, Clearjet

tommythesignguy

Tommy, I have laminated prints off my PC-600 on customer vehicles & trailers that are 4-5 years old and still look beautiful, these were printed on white Mactac 9800 and laminated with clear Mactac 9800 printing with Roland ribbons, I cannot say the same for aftermarket ribbons (zero9 prints faded out within 2 years). I would imagine using a UV lam film such as Oracal 290 would extend the print life even longer than a standard clear vinyl.
Thankyou! I just got this machine... I usually have a buddy print my wraps, but for a short run I'm gonna try this one.
PS> I use to live in Rescue just out of Placerville (briefly).

Sign Works

Tommy, contrary to popular belief with a bit of determination and experimentation these little printers can produce some phenominal prints with extremely bright vivid color, and not just little stuff, you'd be amazed at the prints that have come off my PC-600. I've been extremely happy with the performance of my ColorCamm, so much so that I kept it when I got my VersaCamm 18 months ago.

tommythesignguy

Tommy, contrary to popular belief with a bit of determination and experimentation these little printers can produce some phenominal prints with extremely bright vivid color, and not just little stuff, you'd be amazed at the prints that have come off my PC-600. I've been extremely happy with the performance of my ColorCamm, so much so that I kept it when I got my VersaCamm 18 months ago.
Thanks for the response. Here is a basic layout for the vehicle graphics that I am proposing. The customer doesn't want any vinyl to go over the molding around the windows, but, the rear vent window has no moulding.

Attachments

• FORD APPLIANCE.jpg
    FORD APPLIANCE.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 159