• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC60 Colorcamm opinions

Pitchblack98

I'm new here and looking at buying a used PC60 for pretty cheap. The print head needs to be replaced on it. The local shop I use has it and wants $400 for it without a stand. I offered $250 since it needs a new head. I would probably use it 95% just for cutting. If it cuts without replacing the print head I might not even look at replacing the head.

I figured I would ask for opinions about this here. I've been searching and reading around here and notice the phrase "Boat Anchor" comes up a lot about this paticular model.

Sign Works

Contrary to popular opinion I just printed another $500 decal order on my Colorcamm. I love my boat anchor. :ROFLMAO:

strypguy

I had one for a few years. Served it's purpose for me on smaller decals.
Need to keep the head area very clean when printing.
I guess for $250 as a cutter you could do worse.

John

Pat Whatley

Hi! I'd like to represent that "popular opinion" Sign Works up there was talking about. When using a ColorCamm it's necessary to wrap the nylon rope THROUGH the head assembly before you throw it off the boat. Far too many newbies make the mistake of tying the rope to the lever which can easily pull loose in a slight current.

Pitchblack98

We agreed on $275. It will be my first printer/cutter. I was looking at getting a US Cutter or something simular since it would be my first one. I figured I could buy this one, fix it, and have a better quality machine with printing capabilities for the same price as buying a cheaper low cost machine. We'll see what happens.

Now I just need to find a service manual and a print head and fix it myself.

thewvsignguy

We still have our PC60. It still prints and might use it once a week now that we upgraded to a larger printer. It works great for smaller decals but is a slow cutter if you plan on using it as a stand alone cutter. You can get the head replaced for around $650 + shipping. As I remember the company Tri-Tech is located in Georgia. They are a slow dying breed but our still works and will continue to use it until the head does go bad. If your looking to print you will also need a program that can print and cut like Corel, Flexi, or Illustrator. But not a bad deal even at $400 for a Roland cutter, you never hear that the cutter went bad only the print head.