• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pc60 help

joezeppii

Hello,

I need help setting up a pc60 to run on corel 8 with windows me. Is it possible? I can't get it to go.I saw somewhere that it ran on corel 7.
I know, I know....outdated software and outdated equipment, but it's all I have, and I need to get it up and running. Any help would be appreciated.
JK

mikesign

It will run from corel 8. I'm not sure if it will work with windows me. You need to get a driver for windows me that will work for the pc60. Try rolands web site for the driver. I had a pc 60 and it worked with corel 8.

joezeppii

Cool,
Thanks, I was told that I needed to upgrade to corel 10. Have you ever heard of smart designs? I actually run that, but I saw a post from 2005 where someone couldn't print/cut from smart designs but could directly from corel. I may give that a try. Also, I have a driver for windows 95. If I can't locate the ME driver, do you think the 95 driver will work in ME?
When you sent a design over to your pc60, did you just send it like you would a printer?

Jackpine

Cool,
Thanks, I was told that I needed to upgrade to corel 10. Have you ever heard of smart designs? I actually run that, but I saw a post from 2005 where someone couldn't print/cut from smart designs but could directly from corel. I may give that a try. Also, I have a driver for windows 95. If I can't locate the ME driver, do you think the 95 driver will work in ME?
When you sent a design over to your pc60, did you just send it like you would a printer?
I had to up grade to Corel version 10 to print and cut with a PC600. I exported as an eps from Corel to the RCC to print and cut. This was with a computer with XP.

joezeppii

O.k.....
I found out that I needed to use a parrelell cable instead of a serial cable. I can print o.k. but I can't cut by color. It will cut by line type, but when doing vector images, I need to be able to cut by color. I've been told that Corel 10 will solve my problems, and I've been told that Corel 8 should work. Help!.....

Jackpine

Did you get any Roland software with it? I used a RCC program with a PC 600 and had to make a hairline CutContour color in the spot color palette in Corel 10. When I made a cut line it had to be the color named CutContour that was in the spot color palette. The RCC then recognized it. I could print only, cut only or print and cut as output options. I exported everything to the RCC that I wanted to cut as an EPS file. Bitmaps were sent as RGB. If they were sent with a cut line, they were sent as an EPS. There is a box to check "send bitmaps as RGB".

joezeppii

The only software was the driver for windows 95. I went to Roland's web site and down loaded the driver for windows ME. They told me that no other software came with the pc60. In the driver, I can select the color that I made my outline, but it only offers RBG. I am making sure that my cut line color matches what I have in the driver, but still nothing. I can select cut line type, and it will cut. I'm installing corel 10 next week to see if that cures it. I had a Roland tech tell me it would, and I've had a tech tell me it should run out of Corel 8 also. Confused and frustrated to say the least. Any more thoughts would be appreciated.