• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC60 - White lines in between bands

stillhasdust

Hey I need some help with my pc60. It puts out white lines in between each band and it also has white smaller lines in the bands. If you look at the pic you will see what i am refering to. Also the pic makes the lines look blurry and uneven but they are pretty straight and crisp on my end. Does anybody have any suggestions?? any help is appreciated!!!
:thankyou::signs101:

Attachments

• PC60.jpg
    PC60.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 104
first thing to check would be the ribbon...magenta is notorious for this...your printer is notorious for this...

print a solid patch of each ribbon color if it does it with all of them it is most likely the head.

there are a few other adjustments that could be out of whack but my guess is that it is the head..but the first thing to check is the ribbon.

it sounds like the head however, create a square and duplicate it and print it with each ribbon color in your machine. if it does it with all of them it is not a faulty ribbon.

have you messed with any of the settings?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That is the result of a head that's missing. It's probably been scratched and can't be fixed without replacing the entire head assembly.

Simply speaking.... that head needs to heat up in order to make the resin lay down and if it gets damaged it won't heat and therefore no resin will be melted onto your substrate.

Probably a small particle or something went in with your vinyl..... passed by the head, scratching it.... and this absence of color will continue until it's fixed. You now have a PC-60 cutter.... until the head is replaced.

well i just found out you can buy them directly from roland. i've heard multiple prices so i am reluctant to say any one price..if you are not confident installing it yourself you need to ship the machine in to them

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They used to be over $1,000... plus installation. Don't be so greedy. That's the heart of your machine. Just get it and start making signs. Every hour you're down you're losing money..... so put it all into perspective.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you have something to fall back on and can get your work out... then by all means shop around til your hearts content.

If you have nothing to fall back on, you can still shop around to your heart's content.

My only concern was, if you had jobs you needed to get out and were waiting to get a good price... it could cost you $100's,if not $1,000's of dollars until you're done shopping then where does the smartness come into play ??

Sign Works

The most important thing is to learn the proper head cleaning/maintenance procedure or else you could destroy a new print head it's first day of use, mine has been in use for over 6 years without any problems.

StreamlineDesign

I'm not in the shop right now, but I know we have had to do a calibration adjustment to our PC-60 to close up the gap between print bands. I have the instruction sheet printed out and will look for it when I get back in the shop. Message me if you're interested in trying this out before getting a new head.

-Rich