Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCut 1200 Driver.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by BigMike806, May 10, 2007.

1. BigMike806

BigMike806 New Member

May 10, 2007
    Well I have been using my PCut 1200 for a little bit for some small things and it works very well for a cheap cutter.

I am about to do some switching over however and want to make sure I am prepared.

I will be moving in to a new computer that does not have a serial port and was wondering if an expansion card will work. I am also thinking about getting Flexi 7.5 and was wondering if a driver is needed to run it; and if so where can I find one.

Tags:
  2. supaegnt

supaegnt Member

Jul 1, 2006
    nt.

contact your sales rep if you are the original owner.provided the cutter is a ra ven.

3. BigMike806

BigMike806 New Member

May 10, 2007
    sorry...

I got this on Ebay a long time ago and it camed w/ WinPCSign.

4. Rod

Rod Member

Apr 11, 2006
    SignLab provides wide selection devices

The SignLab Vinyl Pro package supports a wide range of devices, including the PCut 1200. This will give you more options later when upgrading cutter and getting into print graphics. Note that you need to set DMPL mode from the cutter control panel.

For hooking up your new computer, check previous signs101 threads. Essentially need a USB-to-serial adapter.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

5. BigMike806

BigMike806 New Member

May 10, 2007
    DMPL mode...

I don't see anywhere on the control panel a way to adjust to DMPL mode. The manual says it is DM-PL/HT-GL automatic identification, so hopefully I won't have any probs. I am downloading the trial version now...