• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pdf Convert To Eps Help

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
Hi Im Looking For Help As Far As Converting Pdf Files Or Jpegs To A Cuttable Format. Is There A Converter Able To Be Purchased To Do This Or Whats The Process? Any Help Would Be Great Thanks

J Hill Designs

well pdfs can be imported into illustrator and coverted to eps, if they contain raster images, you will have to use the autotrace function and you may come out with a cuttable translation of it - jpgs as well - also, I know corel X3 has a very good raster to vector software...I know omega does as well, but dont use it so dont know how well it works

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
some pdfs are vector, some are not....jpegs are NEVER vector and you have to either trace them, or send them to someone who will.....vector doctor is an MM here if you're looking to outsource it...inkscape has excellent raster to vector autotrace as long as you have decent starting artwork....it can't perform miracles.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
you can't cut a jpg.....you can create a contour from a jpg....and if the original raster is nasty, so will the contour be....

Sign Works

Believe it or not folks there are many cutter owners out there that still have no clue as to the difference between vector and rastor images or that file format does not necessarily determine image type.

digitalgraffiti

A .pdf file can contain either rastered or vectored files, a .pdf file is not one or the other.

You can open a .pdf in Illustrator and edit the vectored elements of the file. You can also open a .pdf in the full verions of acrobat and then open the rastered file in Photoshop or the vectored file in Illustrator by using the Touch-Up Object Tool.

As for CiberPrint software, it does not Contour Cut to a rastered image (.jpeg, .tiff, .psd). It does have an option that will "automatically generate an outline." I'm sure that the job it does though is not very good quality (or at least in my workflow). It would be like running the Live Trace option in Illustrator and not even bothering look at it or clean it up some.