• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PDF / Corel help please

BLB

Thanks!
The concept colors look fine on the monitor using coreldraw x3. The colors are washed out in the PDF file. The image looks desaturated. My color management is turned off which is how I've always had it. The concept/file is put together with RGB photos and CMYK gradients.
I need to get this mural concept sent as a PDF,any help?
Thanks again!

mikeandbobs

What does the final color profile need to be for your printer? PDF is washing out due to PDF converting RGB to CMYK. You can convert all objects to CMYK bitmap in x3 before publishing to pdf, or publish PDF as RGB and colors should be fine... but that still depends on the color profile need of the printer. Just some thoughts...

G-Artist

Thanks!
The concept colors look fine on the monitor using coreldraw x3. The colors are washed out in the PDF file. The image looks desaturated. My color management is turned off which is how I've always had it. The concept/file is put together with RGB photos and CMYK gradients.
I need to get this mural concept sent as a PDF,any help?
Thanks again!

That happens from time to time in PDF. Colors can get duller. The only important
thing is how it prints. Also, if your monitor is calibrated to your output device
I will bet I see it quite differently on my monitor than you do yours.

If you re-import the PDF into CD, do the colors revert, visually, or change in
any way?

We send PDF's to service bureaus originated in CD3 and at their end they import
and come off the SB's proof presses just fine most of the time because all
the colors are spec'd.

BLB

Mike and Bob-Thanks for the response. I am not printing them yet I just need to email the image first.
How do I change it all over?
Thank you!