Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pdf creator

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by Raniece, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Raniece

Raniece Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

Cool! Thanks for sharing....

3. Kustom DeZigns

Kustom DeZigns Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Here is a PDF creator. Works with ANY program. Can't password protect it though. I don't think but good way to at least put something in PDF formate with anything. Uses the print button. And its FREE.... I like it for fast pdf's.

http://www.pdf4free.com

4. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    Here's another

Free trial download. Works great. Works just like another printer

pdffactory.com

Jim

5. Raniece

Raniece Member

Apr 22, 2006
    jtrube,
    yeah. this one works like a printer too.

6. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Software995 has a PDF converter that I've used for several years now...very good. I now have Acrobat, but also use this one still.

www.software995.com
    www.pdf995.com

7. Raniece

Raniece Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Much Better

Much better even with the little pop ups. I can create pages upon pages of pictures in pdf. LOVE IT. thank you graphiXtreme.....
    Everyone else just forget about the one I commented on and go with this software995 if you need it.
    Great program. :cool1:

8. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Some of those programs are pretty good for basic PDF creation -if that's all you need.

Owners of Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium have a number of extra PDF creation capabilities not provided by the free or cheap utilities. IllustratorCS2 and InDesignCS2 can both create layered PDFs, even with annotation fields customers can fill out and return just by using Adobe Reader 7. There's a lot of extra PDF-X capabilities for high quality print output.

In short Adobe CS2 Premium is worth having in any sign shop for a variety of reasons. Complex PDF capability is just one of the bonuses.

9. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Welcome...glad to help.

I bought the whole suite for like $20 if memory serves and well worth it. It has a surprising number of options for the money.

10. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

I would like to know if anyone has found a "free" PDF Creator that will produce the correct PDF with a "true" rotated image. The only program besides Omega 2.51 that creates a "true" rodated image is COrel's X3 version of draw.

If anyone can try this and report it would be very helpful.

11. joe001

joe001 Member

Apr 8, 2006
    http://www.primopdf.com

its free
    its got security
    it has print settings for ebooks,screen,Prepress or simply print to printer.

The software acts like a printer driver.

You'll find it very useful.

12. Nifaba

Nifaba New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Achtung!!

13. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Joe001 beat me to it. PrimoPDF works better for me than pdf995. Works well with Flexi, and it's free! Great for sending proofs via email and has security settings, etc.

14. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Aug 3, 2006
    pdf 995. I use it . it has a free and a 1- dollar version. You used it like a printer and will turn anything to a pdf. Also you can add what is called a pdf edit and you can add diferent pdf to a book pdf. hope it helps