• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pdf export

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
hi,
i have a problem winth pdf files in Flexi; whiate areas are printed with black. :(
Can you be more specific? Do you mean when importing PDFs to Flexi? Or exporting out from Flexi? What white areas? Actual white fills, or empty spaces?

Cata

for example, if i export a file in to a pdf and i import the file in flexi production manager some white areas(like letters) that are into the file are printed with black. this happens only with the vector files, if the pdf contains just an image everything is ok

unclebun

Check how the white is specified. Sometimes if a color is specified as a spot color but Flexi doesn't have that color in its palette, then you get black.

Todd Wigington

Old Wrap guys and Kids
I think I can add to this. When working with vector art of any kind make sure you outline everything before exporting as pdf or eps. I have found that Flexi likes eps files much better than anything else. Select all and select Create outlines. I have had the same issues in the past. exporting as eps solved all the problems.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Often when you import a pdf, or an eps file for that matter, into Flexi the entire image comes in being masked into a black rectangle. There can then be subsets of the image also masked into black objects. Perhaps there's some sort of unmasking going on here. Your description of the issue is somewhat less than informative so who knows.