• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pdf file coming in but some colours are wrong

gabagoo

I just opened a pdf file from a customer and the grey I see in acrobat is coming in as black. I tried opening it in flexi 7 and 8 and both times the same results.
What I am curious about is that so many people are sending me pdf's to work from and I just dont trust them.

Is there a setting I need to use in Flexi so that they import properly?

MachServTech

That is exactly why I use the latest Adobe suite....sure as a design package....but nothing beats the ability to use Illustrator, Acrobat and Photoshop to troubleshoot files.

Compilla

Try adding the job from PM .The reason this goes better in PM is that there we do not have to interpret the objects and make them ready for editing. Adobe’s Rip engine which we have inside of PM will render the objects internally.

Or

Try a different format ie EPS,AI, Tiff, etc.

gabagoo

Try adding the job from PM .The reason this goes better in PM is that there we do not have to interpret the objects and make them ready for editing. Adobe’s Rip engine which we have inside of PM will render the objects internally.

Or

Try a different format ie EPS,AI, Tiff, etc.

I have never done that as I have no idea how that works. If I bring the file in through there how do I see it and set it up for print? Does it work the same way as sending from Flexi?

also how does one attribute contour cuts from the PM?

I have never done that as I have no idea how that works. If I bring the file in through there how do I see it and set it up for print? Does it work the same way as sending from Flexi?

---------
I have no idea how that works.
Bring the job into PM via File > Add Job (be sure to highlight the desired output device in the left pane first).

how do I see it and set it up for print?

Double click on the job to open the Job Settings window, which is very similar to Cut Plot dialog in Flexi.

No can do. Must be done from Flexi.

gabagoo

---------
I have no idea how that works.
Bring the job into PM via File > Add Job (be sure to highlight the desired output device in the left pane first).

how do I see it and set it up for print?
Double click on the job to open the Job Settings window, which is very similar to Cut Plot dialog in Flexi.

No can do. Must be done from Flexi.

so the colour problem will still exist. hmmmmm sounds pretty useless to me lol

I guess it is good for strictly printing jobs though

I just opened a pdf file from a customer and the grey I see in acrobat is coming in as black. I tried opening it in flexi 7 and 8 and both times the same results.
What I am curious about is that so many people are sending me pdf's to work from and I just dont trust them.

I see nothing in your original post to indicate that this was a print & cut job, unless I'm missing something...

J Hill Designs

gaba - do you have adobe programs, or corel, or anything else that will import a pdf? may need to TCB using that approach...

gabagoo

I see nothing in your original post to indicate that this was a print & cut job, unless I'm missing something...

When I posted the thread the cutting of the decals was not the issue. The colours were wrong thats about it. I do have to cut them afterwards but bringing files in through the program manage for strictly printing will be tried on a future job. Unfortunately 80% if not more of my printed work must be cut

gabagoo

gaba - do you have adobe programs, or corel, or anything else that will import a pdf? may need to TCB using that approach...

I have cs2 and Corel 9, not to work in but to manipulate files for cutting or printing. I will try bringing it into illustrator and resending out as an eps file and see if the colours correct themselves.