• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pdf logo find

Mosh

A customer should have the art. Please do not try producing trademarked logos you snag off the net. The fuzz is onto people who do that...♣

Mader Design

Mosh, not all the time do the customers have the art. I have plenty of Motocross Riders who are sponsored and do not have any art, and rely on me to come up with the art. As long as I get documented proof that they do have sponsorship and allowed use of the logo i'm ok with not having the customer provide me the artwork.

Mosh

I get racers all the time that want Chevy and Ford logos too,,,,All the top dirt track racers I do lettering for have copies of any logo they need, it is part of being sponsored.

Not trying to be a stick in the mud. Search google and add the word vector to the search, if it is out there this should find it.♠

jfiscus

Rap Master
What I find funny is when you call the actual marketing department at the (large) company, and request them to email you an EPS, and you hear silence on the line, then an "ok". Then an hour later you get a jpeg saved as an EPS via email.... wtf?

Sometimes it's just quicker to go straight to Google if you know you have permission.

signgal

I tell them that an .eps file is something they most likely can not open. (They think it's corrupt or something) and if they can't find it, I will have to charge them a hefty set up fee... they usually find it.

if they still insist we can use the logo from the website or some other nonsense, I tell they won't be happy with the result and I will not be responsible. that does the trick because it also shows your into quality work :)

heyskull

I will spend a maximum of 10 minutes looking for a customers requested logo.
After that it is up to them to find it as a vector file. Explaining what a vector and a raster file is takes a while.
I get the raster file that has been saved as a eps file all the time!!
The public/customer think that saving a bmp, jpg or tiff file as a eps file automatically vectorises it!

I have had people with artwork smaller than a post stamp wanting it blown up onto a 16' banner!

If you have to spend more than 10 minutes on a logo make the customer aware that their is artwork costs also.

SC

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
The public/customer think that saving a bmp, jpg or tiff file as a eps file automatically vectorises it!

i don't think that's the case....it's that they don't really understand what vector is compared to raster....therefore, you ask for an EPS file, they send you an EPS file....