Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.pdf to Coral File

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by Accelerated Graphics, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Accelerated Graphics

Accelerated Graphics Active Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    I have a .pdf that I'm trying to convert to a Corel or eps fle that I can print anyone have anyway to do this.. I tryed in X3 and it said the file is corrupt.

Tags:
  2. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    if I got this right .... go to save as >you see lots of options convert to pdf, or media then a window opens up ya got more choices ... do not remember all of it but it explains I've not done enough image moving yet but X3 is fairly easy .. also ya got help note to look at

13 folds

3. Accelerated Graphics

Accelerated Graphics Active Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    I'm trying to open a .pdf in X3 ...

4. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Rick, If you are trying to open the file you have to import it into X3 and open it as curves then you can resave it into corel as a .cdr file. Hope this helps.

5. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Can you open the pdf with a pdf reader ?

6. Justin (Inactive)

Justin (Inactive) Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Rcook99's advice should be just the ticket. I'm still using Corel 11, but it should work the same, just import it instead of trying to open.

Justin

7. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I have copy and paste into CorelX3 if it didn't import, but usually import.

8. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    If you have to deal with PDFs frequently, Adobe Illustrator would be an excellent investment.

I've had lots of grief trying to import PDFs directly into CorelDRAW and Flexi. I always get much better results when being able to open the PDF in Illustrator, do work on the file in there (like getting rid of various clipping masks, expanding strokes, etc.) and ending up with artwork that can actually be sent to a vinyl plotter or computerized routing table.