Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Pen options for the D160

Discussion in 'Summa' started by bigben, Jun 26, 2019.

1. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    Hi, I sometime use the pen option on my summa D160 to make paper pattern for my signs. My in-stock poster paper is a synthetic 10mil media. It work with the oem pen, but I can erase the mark with my finger if I press hard. So I was looking for another option. I've called my supplier, ND Graphics here in Canada, and they told me the other pen model have been discontinued.

So is there any solution for a pen that can write on synthetic paper and/or vinyl that will be permanent?

Thank you. Ben

Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    It's hard to tell without knowing what the exact media is. Can you get a holder for a Sharpie Pen? I know Graphtec has them for their plotters. And I've seen some customers just wrap enough tape around a sharpie so that the pen holder will grab it solidly.

Good Luck