• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Pen stylus In flexi

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
A stylus will help you no matter what program you are using. I had wrist pain from using a mouse all day long and switched to a Wacom about 8 years ago. I will never again use a mouse. I cannot comment on the abilities of pressure, angle and other design features in Flexi though. I can work twice as fast tracing artwork using a tablet over a mouse

WildWestDesigns

While I don't use Flexi, I'm a huge fan of the Cintiqs. Doesn't matter if I'm doing sketching in Ai or digitizing in Wilcom, they really make things a whole lot easier and in my opinion, a whole lot more natural.

I used to start on paper with my sketches, now I really do everything digitally because of the Cintiq and what it's able to do. Just my thoughts on it.

Medina Signs

Old Member
Thanks for your comments - bought a Wacom. By the time I learned my way around the pain went away and I'm back to the mouse. Tried the stylus again after my arm stopped aching and was able to use it but I don't sketch with Flexi, as it is not actually a drawing program per se. For me it is more cumbersome than the mouse. I don't design in the field, but if I did, a stylus on an I-Pad would probably work well. Other than that a quick hand drawing with pen and notepad work just as well and are faster. Old School.

Thanks again

mingyuan

A stylus will help you no matter what program you are using. I had wrist pain from using a mouse all day long and switched to a XP-Pen Deco 02 graphic tablet about 3 years ago. I will never again use a mouse. I cannot comment on the abilities of pressure, angle and other design features in Flexi though. I can work twice as fast tracing artwork using a drawing tablet over a mouse .