• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pen Tool Question

Marie

When tracing an image using the pen tool, how do you get the handles on a point to move separately / independently? . . . so that when you pull one handle out and up the other handle doesn't move . . . Hope that makes sense to someone out there - Thanks!

Marie

Thanks Peavy! Unfortunately, the white cursor isn't doing it for me. When I pull the right handle, the left handle still moves correspondingly. In Composer, it would be like the difference between "symetrical" and "sharp" under the Detail Edit menu.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
"CONVERT ANCHOR POINT" tool is located in the pen tool pull away menu...

Mason

Use the convert anchor point tool, select the anchor point first with the "direct selection tool" (white arrow) which reveals the handles of an anchor point, then get your "convert anchor point tool" (looks like an inverted"V") its located with the pen tools on the tool bar.

rjpjr

While drawing with the pen tool and setting a point, hold down the alt key(MAC and PC). This will allow you to grab the handles and move them independently of each other. I think this is what you are asking...I hope it helps.