Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pen Tool Question

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Marie, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Marie

Marie Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    When tracing an image using the pen tool, how do you get the handles on a point to move separately / independently? . . . so that when you pull one handle out and up the other handle doesn't move . . . Hope that makes sense to someone out there - Thanks!

Tags:
  2. peavey123

peavey123 Active Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    use the white cursor instead of the V cursor

3. Marie

Marie Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Thanks Peavy! Unfortunately, the white cursor isn't doing it for me. When I pull the right handle, the left handle still moves correspondingly. In Composer, it would be like the difference between "symetrical" and "sharp" under the Detail Edit menu.

4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    "CONVERT ANCHOR POINT" tool is located in the pen tool pull away menu...

5. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Boston
    Use the convert anchor point tool, select the anchor point first with the "direct selection tool" (white arrow) which reveals the handles of an anchor point, then get your "convert anchor point tool" (looks like an inverted"V") its located with the pen tools on the tool bar.

6. Marie

Marie Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    :U Rock: That is perfect!!

7. rjpjr

rjpjr Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While drawing with the pen tool and setting a point, hold down the alt key(MAC and PC). This will allow you to grab the handles and move them independently of each other. I think this is what you are asking...I hope it helps.