• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Per sq ft cost of Ink - Mutoh VJ 1324

WrapSpot

This may have been addressed before. If so, maybe someone can help me with a link for the thread.

I have a Mutoh ValueJet 1324. I am paying about $70 per ink cartridge for the 220 size.

What rule of thumb do other users use for calculating ink cost per square foot?

Light coverage
Medium coverage
Heavy coverage

Thanks,

Garrick

heyskull

This topic has been covered plenty of times.
It has always been very very hard to work out ink costs in sq ft as no print uses a standard ink amount.
Personally we run a bulk ink system in our Vaulejet and to be honest the cost of ink is so negligible now it makes it very difficult or impossible to be factored into the cost.
Other factors is how much is the machine used? As I find the more these machines are used the cheaper they are to run.

Basically what I am trying to say if you are trying to work out how much ink it uses for a print you are not charging enough already.
Even Mutoh's ink usage tables are miles away in real life.

SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
30 cents per square foot is a very liberal estimate and will more than cover costs on pretty much every job. The only time it would be more than that is if you are double striking and in that case you just double the cost to 60 cents.

WrapSpot

This topic has been covered plenty of times.
It has always been very very hard to work out ink costs in sq ft as no print uses a standard ink amount.
Personally we run a bulk ink system in our Vaulejet and to be honest the cost of ink is so negligible now it makes it very difficult or impossible to be factored into the cost.
Other factors is how much is the machine used? As I find the more these machines are used the cheaper they are to run.

Basically what I am trying to say if you are trying to work out how much ink it uses for a print you are not charging enough already.
Even Mutoh's ink usage tables are miles away in real life.

SC

Do you mind telling me what bulk system you have (if your are happy with the results)?

WrapSpot

30 cents per square foot is a very liberal estimate and will more than cover costs on pretty much every job. The only time it would be more than that is if you are double striking and in that case you just double the cost to 60 cents.

Thanks!

henryp

RIPs like Onyx ad SAI have ink calculation feature, enable this and you will have an idea how much ink will be used for every job even before you print them.

heyskull

This is the type of bulk ink sytem I am running.
Also I am usin Jetbest inks.

Attachments

• mutoh-valuejet-bulk-ink-system-4-p[ekm]300x224[ekm].jpg
    mutoh-valuejet-bulk-ink-system-4-p[ekm]300x224[ekm].jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 167