• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf cut help !

divers2deep

Hey guys,

Im using the oracle 3651 with lam. I am printing, lam, and then perform perf cuts around the decals. I set my pressure to 250. I'm still having issues getting all the way through the backing. Its cutting it, but when i rip them out, instead of having a clean cut, im getting some tearing. How much is to much pressure ? What do you guys think any advice ?

Thanks , Kevin

2B

We run the VS 640, never been a fan of the perf cuts. damages the blade and the cutting strip.

as far as what you are experiencing, here is what Summa told us on plotter.

"never increase the pressure, if you have thicker material increase the blade depth until you get the needed results"

divers2deep

Thanks for your response. Isnt that the reason why we have a cutting strip ? Do you know if gouges in the strip will hurt anything? What do you think is a good optimal pressure for the perf cuts ?

I will definitely play with the depth, thanks for the heads up.