• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf Cut Questions

SameDay Signs

I am currently running Flexi Cloud and wondering how to perf cut. I have a q-series cutter from sign warehouse which is a dulled down graphtec. I have read tons of things and followed many videos but can't get it. I am marking as perf cut and so on but not receiving anything but another cut line. I do not have another spot for blade either as its just 1 posistion on it? Any help would be appreciated

altereddezignz

What exact plotter do u have.
I have a Q54 but only was i can do a perf cut is to change conditions on plotter and assign a cut line pattern to that tool. It will not allow me to change the pattern of cut from the software. Been trying this for weeks. Talked to a lot of people and watched several videos.

SameDay Signs

I have a q160. it is an older one not the newest with arms 3. Works great its just trying to get it changed is a hassle. There i sno second spot to move blade to. Now I can add additional contour cut line and then add the perf cut to it and change setup on plotter from say my normal contour cut to a deeper cut with more force but its sure to tear the strip up being the tool isn't moved. I have watched video after video as well and have no clue still

g&eprinting

I do these all day with no problems. I have many videos on instagram and facebook @geprinting
q130 and flexi.

(machine)
Adjust blade height first on pen holder to 5.6 using blade adjust on machine.. This is a very universal height that works well on most media. You can adjust on the fly while cutting pressing hold buttton and turning blade holder half turns till perfect cut depth is achieved.

(program)
In Flexi in "fill/stroke editor" you may adjust your stroke line as well as change the color of stroke to add multiple cut lines. "pause between colors" in production manager and change your machine settings between cuts for an internal cut then cut out. I will change my first cut line to black then second to yellow so I will always remember which is which.

(machine)
condition 1
14 -----new blade maybe 12
6 ------intricute maybe 4

then change to
condition 4

(program)
I have many custom cut lines saved in flexi program under "fill/stroke editor" drop down arrow, to the bottom and edit, then add to

Best custom lines
For cutting all the way out
dash 1.5 gap 0.020
dash 1 gap 0.020
dash .5 gap 0.020

altereddezignz

I am sure glad these are working for you. Not sure if there is anything different on the Q54 i have but unless i give it a cut pattern on the machine it will not cut a perf line.

SameDay Signs

I do these all day with no problems. I have many videos on instagram and facebook @geprinting
q130 and flexi.

(machine)
Adjust blade height first on pen holder to 5.6 using blade adjust on machine.. This is a very universal height that works well on most media. You can adjust on the fly while cutting pressing hold buttton and turning blade holder half turns till perfect cut depth is achieved.

(program)
In Flexi in "fill/stroke editor" you may adjust your stroke line as well as change the color of stroke to add multiple cut lines. "pause between colors" in production manager and change your machine settings between cuts for an internal cut then cut out. I will change my first cut line to black then second to yellow so I will always remember which is which.

(machine)
condition 1
14 -----new blade maybe 12
6 ------intricute maybe 4

then change to
condition 4

(program)
I have many custom cut lines saved in flexi program under "fill/stroke editor" drop down arrow, to the bottom and edit, then add to

Best custom lines
For cutting all the way out
dash 1.5 gap 0.020
dash 1 gap 0.020
dash .5 gap 0.020

Will defintally have to try this out tomorrow.