• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf Cut with Coral X6 setup and questions

autoexebat

I am looking to give this a try , Not sure if its really worth it or not but every graphics kit I make I have to spend 30 min cutting each part out with scissors :cool: I'm thinking / hoping the perf cut will look better and save me some trimming time. I know it will take longer in the machine but thats cool .

So is how is this setup ? Also I heard somewhere it can be done in versaworks ?

Any harm in doing this ? Is it a HUGE wear and tear on the blades ?

Thanks

graphicwarning

I've used it a few times. It's hit or miss... it takes a bit of messing around and wasted material to get the perfect settings for any particular media type. It does eat blades and the teflon strips fairly quickly.

When I do a run of 4 or 500 small pieces, it's quite handy. But on single one off items, I never use it.

I guess it'd be up to you if it's worth the added time/expense etc to use the feature. It is pretty slow if you want to get a decent cut.