• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf cutting with Cleancut blade settings

CrAkD

Hello All,

I was perf cutting for awhile with the clean cut 45 Metal blade. After awhile it was starting to jag out the corners when it would cut through. I messaged clean cut and they were awesome and sent me an 06 grade 45 degree blade said it might work better. Since I've gotten it cutting has been sporadic. With the last blade i had the regular pressure set at 60 and perf pressure set at 170. with this new blade I have it set at like 80 and 225 and its barely cutting all the way through. i have the blade cranked all the way out of the holder too.....i have to be missing something. is there a different offset?

Ragnabrok

Offset is an adjustment for compensating blades that have the cutting points at different distances relative to the center of the blade holder. It will cause corners to have little loops on them, or have circles not complete all the way round. Different blades just cut at different pressures, 60 degrees usually needing less. You also should only have enough blade sticking out of the holder as thick as the vinyl you want to cut, having it too far gouges up the cutter protections strip.

Speaking of, is there a noticeable groove in the cutter strip? If there is, the vinyl gets pressed into the groove by the blade, and not cut trough, usually leaving a stitch-cut.