• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf size?

WCSign

(didnt know if this belonged here or in vehicle graphics, since it applies to both)

what size perf do you guys usually choose to run on windows? obviously 30% is going to look better. Im peeved when i see a nice graphic or wrap and the window look outta place because the perf holes are too big.

any particular vehicles with bad blind spots that you decided to use larger perf?

Im doing a rear window and some of the lettering is pretty thin, so im gonna go with the smaller perf for looks.

thanks for the input folks

2B

the general rule of thumb is 50/50 on vehicles and 60/40 on buildings
at least this is what has worked good here

OlsonSigns601

I think by law you have to use 50/50 on any and all vehicles.

IL & WI Law says must allow more than 35% of light in for the back windows. Which means using 70/30 would be illegal in IL & WI.

But IL says you must have side mirrors if you have your windows tinted. WI doesn't care if you have side mirrors or not.

However Iowa law says any darkness can be used and they don't care if you have side mirrors or not.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have been selling perf for a long long time and have never seen an issue using the 60/40 for both applications. Its darn near impossible to tell the difference in the hole patterns.

HulkSmash

I have been selling perf for a long long time and have never seen an issue using the 60/40 for both applications. Its darn near impossible to tell the difference in the hole patterns.

60/40 Is illegal in most states...(not that they ever enforce it)
50/50 is required passenger vehicles.